Acrylic on Canvas - 12" x 48" (Set Sold Together Only)
left panel, two fish, Acrylic on Canvas - 12" x 24" (Not Sold Separately)
right panel, two fish, Acyrlic on Canvas - 12" x 24" (Not Sold Separately)
Tropical Fish Panels (set of 2 each 12" X 24" painted panels) is an original mixed-media collage painting, and part of the mixed-media glitter series, created in 2018-2019.
The paintings were completed in a series of stages, creating unique textures, and enhancing the beauty of these paintings.
- Stage 1: Collage - variety of papers, glue, and gel medium over a prepared canvas.
- Stage 2: Background - a series of brush strokes, and painting techniques using various acrylic paint pigment blends.
- Stage 3: Subject painting - the portrait is sketched with pastel crayon, then painted with acrylic paint.
- Stage 4: Metal, fabric, and other accessories, are added for texture, as well as to enhance characteristics of the painting subject.
- Stage 5: Shadowing with acrylic paint, and glitter is added to the painting for sparkle.
- Stage 6: Acrylic pouring medium is added to give the subject of the painting shine, and to seal the accessories of the collage.
The process to create these paintings takes about 5 to 7 days to complete. The paintings can be hung with or without framing. The panels can be set side-by-side, or hung separately.
The accessories, fabric, and glitter used in the painting are a tribute to my mother, who passed away in September of 2017.
Tropical Fish Panels Paintings (set of 2), are considered the nineteenth and twentieth paintings in the mixed-media collage series, created by Deborah Marsh of Debbie's Living Canvas.