Acrylic on Canvas 22 x 54 (Set of 3 Panels Sold Together Only)
left panel, sea turtles, Acrylic on Canvas - 22" x 18" (Not Sold Separately)
center panel, mermaid, Acrylic on Canvas - 22" x 18" (Not Sold Separately)
right panel, mermaid and sea turtles, Acrylic on Canvas - 22" x 18" (Not Sold Separately)
Coral Reef Fantasy Panels (set of 3 paintings) is an original mixed-media collage painting, and part of the mixed-media glitter series, created in 2018-2019.
The paintings were completed in a series of stages, creating unique textures, and enhancing the beauty of this painting.
- Stage 1: Collage - variety of papers, glue, and gel medium over a prepared canvas.
- Stage 2: Background - a series of brush strokes, and painting techniques using various acrylic paint pigment blends.
- Stage 3: Subject painting - the subjects were painted on canvas paper, then cut-out and glued onto the canvas, in between layers of acrylic resin.
- Stage 4: Metal, fabric, and other accessories, are added for texture, as well as to enhance characteristics of the painting subject.
- Stage 5: Shadowing with acrylic paint, and glitter is added to the painting for sparkle.
- Stage 6: A final layer of acrylic resin is added as a finish to the paintings to give the subjects of the painting shine, and to seal the accessories of the collage.
The process to create these paintings takes about 5 to 7 days to complete. The painting can be hung with or without framing. The panels can be set side-by-side, or hung separately.
The accessories, fabric, and glitter used in the painting are a tribute to my mother, who passed away in September of 2017.
Coral Reef Fantasy Panels (set of 3 paintings), are considered twenty-one, twenty-two, and twenty-three, of the paintings in the mixed-media collage series, created by Deborah Marsh of Debbie's Living Canvas.