Acrylic on Canvas 30 x 24
A Touch of Old Asia is an original mixed-media collage painting, incorporating an old, unfinished colored pencil painting, into a mixed-media collage painting, and part of the mixed-media glitter series, created in 2018-2019.
The painting was completed in a series of stages, creating unique textures, and enhancing the beauty of this painting.
- •Stage 1: Collage - variety of papers, glue, and gel medium over a prepared canvas.
- •Stage 2: Background - a series of brush strokes, and painting techniques using various acrylic paint pigment blends.
- •Stage 3: Subject painting – the subject was cut-out from an old, unfinished colored-pencil painting. The cut-out pieces were then painted with acrylic, and glued onto the canvas, in between layers of acrylic resin.
- •Stage 4: Metal, fabric, and other accessories, are added for texture, as well as to enhance characteristics of the painting subject.
- •Stage 5: Shadowing with acrylic paint, and glitter is added to the painting for sparkle.
- •Stage 6: A final layer of acrylic resin is added as a finish to the painting to give the subject of the painting shine, and added depth, and to seal the accessories of the collage.
The process to create this painting takes about 5 to 7 days to complete. The painting can be hung with or without framing.
The accessories, fabric, and glitter used in the painting are a tribute to my mother, who passed away in September of 2017.
A Touch of Old Asia, is considered the 24th painting in the mixed-media collage series, created by Deborah Marsh of Debbie's Living Canvas.